Evolve Security Academy Review
Evolve Security Academy offers cybersecurity and OSCP bootcamps available online, in person, or in both formats. The in-person bootcamps are held in Chicago. Evolve Security Academy costs $7,250-$14,500 depending on which bootcamp and the format.
Cybersecurity bootcamp students receive job support services after graduation. Graduates work for companies such as Accenture, Bank of America, and United. Students can look at Evolve Security Academy reviews in both written and video form on the company's website.
Evolve Security Academy Courses
Evolve Security Academy offers two bootcamps: cybersecurity and OSCP. The cybersecurity bootcamp is offered online and in person, while the OSCP bootcamp is online only. Evolve Security Academy also offers a free prep course that prepares students for its 20-week cybersecurity bootcamp.
- Cost: $12,500 online, $14,500 in person
- Learning Format: In Person, Online
- Time Commitment: Part time
- Length: 20 weeks
Evolve Security Academy's part-time cybersecurity bootcamp takes 20 weeks to complete and covers 290 hours. It is a beginner-level bootcamp that prepares students for CompTIA Security+ certification. The bootcamp includes an introduction to cybersecurity, networking, OSINT and social engineering, threat intelligence, and scripting for security.
- Cost: $7,250
- Learning Format: Online
- Time Commitment: Part time
- Length: 18 weeks
Evolve Security Academy's OSCP bootcamp is an advanced-level learning experience that prepares students for the OSCP exam. The course is offered part-time over 18 weeks for a total of 240 hours. It is a lab-heavy bootcamp that focuses on penetration testing.
Evolve Security Academy Admissions Process
The Evolve Security Academy admissions process starts with an academy application. After that, you'll schedule an in-person interview or a video call with an admissions advisor. The advisor will ask you about your work and education history, expectations, and technical background.
After your interview, the admissions board will make a decision on acceptance. If accepted, you'll receive an acceptance letter and enrollment agreement. You must have a basic familiarity with networking, cybersecurity concepts, and the Linux command line.
Once accepted, you must pay a nonrefundable deposit to hold your spot. If you're using the GI Bill®, you do not need a deposit, but you must submit an education enrollment status form. Before beginning the cybersecurity bootcamp, you must also complete Evolve Security's free course on cybersecurity fundamentals.
Evolve Security Academy Payment Options
- Upfront: The upfront cost ranges from $7,250-$14,500. The cost for the OSCP bootcamp is $7,250. The cybersecurity bootcamp is $12,500 online or $14,500 in person.
- GI Bill®: Evolve Security Academy accepts the GI Bill® for its in-person cybersecurity bootcamps only.
- Installments: Evolve Security Academy offers an installment plan. This option allows students to pay half upfront and the other half by week 10 of the bootcamp.
- Loans: Evolve Security Academy offers financing through Ascent Funding. Ascent offers three options: immediate repayment, interest-only repayment, and deferred repayment. With immediate repayment, payments start about one month after the program starts. The interest-only plan allows you to pay only interest until three months after the program. The deferred tuition program allows you to make no payments at all until three months after the program ends.
- Scholarships: Evolve Security Academy offers partial merit-based scholarships. Applicants can apply by submitting an essay about why they deserve the scholarship.
Evolve Security Academy Student Outcomes
Many bootcamp providers provide student outcome data on their websites, but programs may not use the same methodology to determine their figures. Some providers may exclude certain students from the data to boost their metrics. Contact the bootcamp provider directly to learn more about their student outcome figures before making a decision.
- Outcomes From: All Programs
- Reporting Period: Through March 2021
After 180 Days
Median Starting Salary
Frequently Asked Questions About Evolve Security Academy Coding Bootcamps
Is Evolve Security Academy worth it?
When determining whether a bootcamp is worth it, you should first consider the return on investment -- what it costs vs. your projected income after graduation. For example, if you enroll in a $14,500 cybersecurity bootcamp and expect your income to increase by $30,000 after graduation, then it will take less than a year for the program to pay for itself.
Also consider the cost and outcomes of similar cybersecurity bootcamps when determining whether this program is worth it.
Is Evolve Security Academy hard to get into?
Like most bootcamps, Evolve Security Academy has an admissions process and does not accept all applicants. Bootcamp students must have some knowledge of Linux, networking, and cybersecurity to be considered.
If you don't have these skills, you can consider taking free beginner-level courses in cybersecurity, networking, and Linux online.
Is Evolve Security Academy free?
Evolve Security Academy is not free. But, the bootcamp provider does offer a free prep course to help prepare students for its cybersecurity bootcamp. The free prep course includes an introduction to cybersecurity and training on Linux, networking, hacking, and home lab setup. Students in the prep course also receive CyberLAB access.
The actual bootcamps range in cost from $7,250-$14,500. In comparison, the average cost of a bootcamp was $13,579 in 2020.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.
Feature Image: Luis Alvarez / DigitalVision / Getty Images