The Ultimate College Bucket List: 50 Ideas Guaranteed to Make Lasting Memories
Share this Article
College is full of new experiences, unique traditions, and many opportunities to have fun. Students should take advantage of this period in their lives by participating in campus activities and ultimately making sure they have an unforgettable time.
We've compiled a college bucket list, with 50 ways to have an epic college experience. Many schools also have their own special traditions and bucket list lore you can explore.
BestColleges.com is an advertising-supported site. Featured or trusted partner programs and all school search, finder, or match results are for schools that compensate us. This compensation does not influence our school rankings, resource guides, or other editorially-independent information published on this site.
Ready to Start Your Journey?
Use this bucket list to help you embrace the college cliches, get out of your comfort zone, and try something new.
BestColleges' Ultimate College Bucket List
- Attend a school sporting event.
- Pull an all-nighter.
- Snap a pic with your school mascot.
- Study abroad.
- Live on campus.
- Join an intramural sports team, like spikeball or badminton.
- Work as a research assistant.
- Pursue your dream internship.
- Attend a frat party.
- Decorate your dorm or apartment, HGTV-style.
- Picnic on the quad.
- Go on a spring break trip with friends.
- Participate in a psych study.
- Protest something you care about.
- Join a sorority or fraternity.
- Participate in an open mic night.
- Organize a campus event.
- Take a unique class, like scuba diving, glass blowing, or snowboarding.
- Get on the jumbotron at a sporting event.
- Take a class with a travel component.
- Get to know your college town.
- Join or start a club.
- Learn something outside your comfort zone.
- Throw a party.
- Sing karaoke.
- Cook something new.
- Travel to an away game.
- Make a friend in your dorm or apartment building.
- Get to know an international student.
- Take a local road trip to a neighboring town.
- Get a tattoo.
- Go on a date.
- Go to a local concert or music festival.
- Memorize your school's fight song.
- Join your school's student-run newspaper, radio station, or literary magazine.
- Create or join a study group.
- Pursue volunteer opportunities in the surrounding community.
- Dye your hair.
- Participate in wild traditions, like running through the fountain or an undie run.
- Find a mentor.
- Go see a student theater production.
- Attend a lecture on a topic you know nothing about.
- Go bar hopping (if you're 21 or older).
- Tailgate for a sporting event.
- Attend a homecoming event.
- Dress up for Halloween on campus.
- Road trip to visit friends at other colleges.
- Skip class — just once!
- Interview for your first job or internship.