Best Colleges in Montana
The Montana Department of Labor and Industry projects only minimal economic growth in the coming years, with the state expected to add just 3,800 jobs annually from 2017 to 2027. The healthcare industry will account for much of this growth, adding approximately 1,300 new positions each year. Industries like mining and utilities, by contrast, should see an overall decline in employment during that period.
A college education, however, can give you an edge in a competitive job market, especially when applying for the most lucrative positions. For example, in 2017 registered nurses in Montana earned a median salary of $66,280, nearly $24,000 more than the median pay for all other occupations. Computer systems analysts in the state made even more, with a median salary of $73,760 that year.
Top 10 Colleges in Montana
- The University of Montana-Western - Dillon, MT
- Carroll College - Helena, MT
- Montana State University - Bozeman, MT
- Salish Kootenai College - Pablo, MT
- Rocky Mountain College - Billings, MT
- University of Providence - Great Falls, MT
- Montana Technological University - Butte, MT
- The University of Montana - Missoula, MT
- Montana State University-Northern - Havre, MT
- Montana State University-Billings - Billings, MT
Featured Online Programs
To help you decide where to continue your education, we have compiled a ranking of the best colleges in Montana. For each of the ten schools on this list, we provide information on things like admission requirements, courses of study, the availability of online and hybrid programs, and financial aid opportunities.
All of the colleges below hold regional accreditation from the Higher Learning Commission.