Best Colleges in Nebraska
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Nebraska featured a low 3.1% unemployment rate as of November 2019. This figure usually indicates more open positions than available candidates; as a result, employers must offer competitive benefits and salaries and consider more applicants.
Nebraska residents can use this opportunity to switch companies or start a career in one of the state's largest employment sectors, such as healthcare, education, or management. However, to obtain one of these financially lucrative and personally fulfilling jobs, most need a college degree.
Top 10 Colleges in Nebraska
- University of Nebraska - Lincoln, NE
- Clarkson College - Omaha, NE
- College of Saint Mary - Omaha, NE
- Creighton University - Omaha, NE
- Concordia University-Nebraska - Seward, NE
- University of Nebraska at Kearney - Kearney, NE
- York College - York, NE
- Nebraska Wesleyan University - Lincoln, NE
- Union College - Lincoln, NE
- University of Nebraska at Omaha - Omaha, NE
Choosing the right Nebraska college or university can seem overwhelming, especially if you have no experience with higher education. Below, we highlight the 15 best colleges and universities in Nebraska to help you select the right school and program to meet your personal and professional goals.
The following ranking contains valuable information concerning schools' academic programs, extracurricular activities, student services, and application requirements, as well as other details that can help you make an informed decision.
Visit the embedded links to learn more about each school. Admissions counselors can answer any additional questions you may have about specific programs.