Best Colleges in New Hampshire
With a population of 1.35 million residents across less than 10,000 square miles, New Hampshire is one of the smallest and least-populous states in the U.S. Even so, its geographic location -- with easy access to major cities like Boston, New York, and Montreal -- helps make the state a popular hub for business and industry.
New Hampshire's major industries vary by region. For example, tourism provides a substantial economic boost in the Lakes Region, while the manufacturing and technology industries are highly concentrated in the Seacoast and Merrimack Valley regions. Healthcare also plays a major role throughout the state, with registered nurses standing out as one of the top occupations by number of employees, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).
Top 10 Colleges in New Hampshire
- Dartmouth College - Hanover, NH
- University of New Hampshire - Durham, NH
- Saint Anselm College - Manchester, NH
- University of New Hampshire at Manchester - Manchester, NH
- Keene State College - Keene, NH
- Rivier University - Nashua, NH
- Plymouth State University - Plymouth, NH
- Colby-Sawyer College - New London, NH
- Franklin Pierce University - Rindge, NH
- Southern New Hampshire University - Manchester, NH
Data from the BLS suggest that a college degree can lead to significantly increased wages over time, and New Hampshire's 20+ colleges and universities offer higher education access to individuals who want to improve their earning potential. However, choosing your ideal school can be difficult. To aid you in your search, we have compiled a list of the top 10 colleges in New Hampshire. The following ranking highlights some of the academic offerings, admission requirements, and campus life and culture of these schools. Read on to look for your ideal college match.
Related Programs That Might Interest You
Learn about start dates, transferring credits, availability of financial aid, and more by contacting the universities below.