CareerTok Creators You Should Go Follow Right Now
Share this Article
- TikTok is a great platform for career content.
- We put together a list of our five favorite content creators whose advice can help boost your career.
- They provide funny and useful tips for job-seekers, employees, and leaders.
If you're not on TikTok, you're totally missing out. The platform offers every weird and wonderful thing you could ever want — including some of the best career content on the internet.
What industry do you want to learn about: Law? Tech? Business? Glass-blowing? There's something for everyone.
BestColleges.com is an advertising-supported site. Featured or trusted partner programs and all school search, finder, or match results are for schools that compensate us. This compensation does not influence our school rankings, resource guides, or other editorially-independent information published on this site.
Ready to Start Your Journey?
If you're a new grad just starting out, or one of the thousands of Americans considering a new career, TikTok is a great place to discover the latest tips for updating a resume, nailing a job interview, and searching the job market.
To help you out, we've rounded up five of our favorite CareerTok creators. We love them because:
- They're fun, relatable, and authoritative.
- They provide unique insights you won't find anywhere else.
- They represent diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences.
- Their content has wide appeal and provides a lot of value.
Tamar Nisbett works as a content strategist and analyst for Netflix in Amsterdam. After getting her BA in comparative literature from Columbia, she went on to marketing and content jobs at Google and YouTube.
Eventually, she got her MBA, took an internship at Netflix, and ended up with a corporate position in the Netherlands. Now she's a TikTok famous "corporate baddie" on her way to the top — and she wants to help her followers get there, too.
- Humanities students who want to learn about jobs in tech for non-techy people
- Anyone curious about working abroad
- Black women in business
- Anyone who likes fashion, food, travel, and solid career advice
@corporatebaddie get your tech job! #google #myfirstjob #fyp #corporatebaddie ♬ Shiina Ringo-like battle cool jazz - NakayamaNorikazu(BGM)
Best Advice From @corporatebaddie
"When you are considering grad school, definitely consider the opportunity cost (like lost wages) — it's absolutely a factor in how much school is going to cost you."
Cathryn Patterson is an ex-Fortune-500-vice-president who has worked in government, healthcare, and technology careers. Today, she's a DEI consultant committed to helping BIPOC get into tech.
She has her finger on the pulse of hiring trends and knows about new job postings before anyone else. She's brilliant, funny, experienced, and sincere.
- Anyone interested in the latest upskilling and career development programs
- Anyone who wants regular updates on cool companies hiring in cool locations
- Managers, supervisors, and employers who want to become better leaders
- People on the job market looking for helpful career advice and job search tips
@icathryn #CareerAdvice - Free consults starting soon ❤️ Link in bio #careercoach #careercounseling #jobpromotion #careertips #leadershipdevelopment ♬ Gettin' Jiggy Wit It - 90s Dance Music
Best Advice From @Icathryn
"Look for skills keywords — not job titles — when searching for jobs. You'll find jobs you never thought you could do. Better paid ones, too."
Greg Langstaff is a former recruiter, job search expert, and certified resume specialist. He's been helping people get jobs they love since 2014 and offers his expertise on TikTok for free. He provides pragmatic, actionable tips for job candidates who want to stand out from the crowd.
- Job-seekers who want specific resume and cover letter advice
- Anyone trying to build out a LinkedIn profile with all the right elements
- Job-seekers who want job interview advice and negotiation tips
- Anyone looking for help networking and making professional connections
@greglangstaff Recruiters scan resumes FAST so we want to give them our best stuff BEFORE they throw us in the trash 🗑 #jobsearch #career #resume #learnontiktok ♬ original sound - Greg L. - Career Coach 🤓
Best Advice From @Greglangstaff
"If you want to know with absolute certainty if you are qualified for a job, there is one thing you need to do. If you don't do this one thing, you could be missing out on huge opportunities.
The thing? APPLY FOR THE JOB."
Kristy Olinger is a corporate storyteller and communication consultant with over 20 years of experience. In her day job, Olinger teaches people how to communicate in ways that build relationships, expand influence, and make their jobs easier. On Tiktok, she offers pointers for speaking up, writing, and presenting at work.
- Anyone who wants to be a better communicator, both in and out of the office
- Job-seekers who want to put their best foot forward online, in emails, and in interviews
- People who want to be more visible at work
- Women in the workplace
@ko.communication Visibility is the most important factor influencing your career success. #corporatelife ♬ original sound - Kristy Olinger
Best Advice From @ko.communication
"If you're trying to confirm that your message was understood, don't ask, 'Does that make sense?' People are really unlikely to admit that they don't understand something — especially in a meeting. Instead, try saying, 'Am I making sense?'
"That makes it about your ability to communicate, not their ability to understand."
Laura Whaley is a 27-year-old IT consultant in Toronto and your self-appointed TikTok "work bestie." She makes goofy videos about the irony and aggravations of office life. If you want to bring a little levity to your day while still learning how to set respectful boundaries at work, check out her hilarious series, "How do you professionally say…?"
- Anyone who needs a chuckle
- People dealing with annoying co-workers or out-of-touch managers
- People who want to learn helpful on-the-job tips
@loewhaley The ending was a no for him 🤣 #workbestie #wfh #corporate #howto #bestfriends ♬ original sound - Laura
Best Advice From @Loewhaley
"In a world where you can be anything, be the person who ends meetings early."